Do your kids have a heart for serving others? How about sharing Christ with others? Do they show compassion to those they see in need? As adult as we modeling those qualities? It is never too early to teach young children how to serve others, learn to be a witness and care for those around us. We need to purposely help young children begin to develop a heart for missions, as we do the same.
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth. Acts 1:8
What does Missions involvement and awareness bring to Preschoolers?
- That God wants others to know about his love for them, but not everyone knows that.
- They can move their focus from themselves to others.
- As we teach them from the Bible they begin to gain an understanding that others need to know Christ from a spiritual view point.
- As they begin to understand that others need Christ –
They will learn how to pray for others and the importance of prayer.
They will learn ways to give of their time, talents and money.
They will learn how they can help others who are in need.
- Preschoolers will gain a rich knowledge of cultures around the world and the people we need to share the gospel with, whether it’s in their families, their churches, their communities, their nation or around the world.
- Missions involvement will become a natural part of their spiritual journey.
Here are the handouts and information for my current workshop , “A Heart for Missions: Teaching Young Children How to Serve at Home and Around the World.”